People’s Grocery’s Wholesale Hookup Program offers opportunities to purchase organic and natural foods at wholesale prices, saving you up to 60% in discounts. Our commitment is to provide quality service and healthy products at affordable rates. We add an 8% handling fee that goes to support our programs for community health and education.
It’s easy to join, just choose your favorite products and order by phone or email before Friday noon. When a minimum total of $500 is reached (this usually takes about 3-4 weeks), we place the order on Monday and then the followingWednesday your order is ready for you to come pick up at our office by appointment (generally 12:00pm-4:45pm).
Do you need a free catalog? There are hundreds of wholesome food options in our catalog, so stop by our office and pick yours up or email your address to Rebecca and she’ll mail one out to you. (A donation of $4 to cover postage is appreciated. Click on the yellow “Participate” button in the upper right hand corner of this page to donate.)
Or you can use this online catalog here.
How To Order In Bulk From People’s Grocery
• Wholesale orders of food products can be made in bulk only at the case size available.
• The prices for bulk orders are the current wholesale price (not necessarily what is shown in the catalog) plus a 9%handling fee that supports People’s Grocery. Non-food items are taxable, 8.75% tax will be added.
• Wholesale offerings generally come in cases or large bags.
* People’s Grocery can only process orders once a $500.00 quota has been reached. (Usually 2-3 weeks)
* Let us know: your phone number plus the quantity, item number, size and price of each item.
• Once the quota is reached, orders will be placed by 12 noon on Monday. We will call or email to let you know when the order is made.
• Orders are picked up by appointment on the following Wednesday only (between 12:00pm-4:45pm). Please call or email Rebecca to let her know when you will be coming.
• Payment can be made in advance (click the yellow “participate” button in the upper right hand corner to go to the link) or at pickup via check, credit card or cash (exact change only please).
What Is Bulk Food?
Shoppers have enjoyed the savings of buying in bulk for over a century. Bulk food is sold in larger quantities, such as by the case or by the bag, and offers a lower per-unit cost. For example, while a pound of organic yellow popcorn costs $0.87 retail, if you buy a 25 lb bag of yellow popcorn the price comes down to $0.52 per pound. If you’re worried about being able to store your food, many items can also be purchased in cases of packaged units. For example, a 16 oz jar of organic creamy peanut butter costs $4.20 retail. But if you buy a case of twelve 16 oz jars, the price comes down to $3.03 per jar.
Please call the People’s Grocery office if you have any questions: 510-652-7607, Ext. 22. Or you can email Rebecca.
Where Do I Pick Up My Order?
Pick up is by appointment on Wednesday between 12:00-4:45pm at our office: 909 – 7th St., Oakland, 94607 (cross street is Market St.) Please schedule your pick up time with Rebecca.
Thank you for supporting People’s Grocery!